by Coach Debbie
Summer is coming and waiting until the pool opens is not going to be your game plan this year! Start making choices today that will lead to a fitter, more confident you, so that this anticipated season is fully enjoyed. I realize that you are juggling a lot on a daily basis. Here are 10 easy ways to start meeting your fitness and nutrition goals, starting right now. Change is possible when you commit to a healthy lifestyle!
Top 10 Ways to Get Fit for Summer:
- Chug 1 gallon of water per day. Water blunts hunger and has zero calories, and it’s so good for you!
- Do Momsanity exercises by lifting heavy weights. You should feel muscle burn, be breathless and need to take frequent breaks. 20 minute dumbbell workouts 3 times a week will lead to a leaner, more toned physique.
- Do High Intensity Interval Training for cardio. Instead of moderate exercise, like power-walking or jogging, complete 4-10 sprints. This burns more calories for a longer period of time, resulting in lower body fat.
- Load up on lean protein. Satisfying options include: turkey, chicken, fish, pork, eggs, lean beef, protein powders, bison, jerky and more. Protein controls hunger, builds muscle and encourages fat burning.
- Fuel up on veggies at every meal. Sneak them into protein shakes, omelets, and salads. No one gets fat from eating broccoli.
- Consume complex carbs. Not to be confused with starches like pastas, breads, and pastries, which add inches to your waistline….complex carbs provide energy and can actually prevent late-night cravings. Great options include oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa and fruits.
- SLEEP. As busy moms, this one is challenging. It is your invisible friend that prevents cravings, restores your body, balances hormones, increases happiness and energy, and slows aging. Aim for 8-9 hours per night. As a mom, take advantage of naps too!
- De-stress. Stress is another unseen agent that can lead to weight gain. Instead of sobbing with a pint of ice cream in hand, make time for yourself. Go for a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood, have sex, take a bubble bath, exercise, paint your nails, and whatever else brings you peace.
- Make meals in advance and eat before hunger strikes. Unwise food choices tend to be made when convenience is tested or your stomach growls. By having healthy foods ready and available, you can proactively avoid temptations.
- Cheat meal. Your goal is to eat clean as much as possible throughout the week. It is okay to indulge in those tasty treats occasionally, so pick one meal a week to enjoy whatever foods you like.
What would you add to the list?
Print This Post