by Coach Debbie
Forget New Year’s Resolutions. They fade within 6 weeks and leave us feeling guilty and defeated. Instead, let’s focus on FUN stuff! I’ve created a Bucket List for Moms that’s honestly my bucket list but I thought you might want to conquer laundry too.
BUCKET LIST FOR MOMS
- Order prints for all digital pictures on my phone. Bonus: find a promo code.
- Find a non-ghetto, budget-friendly, Groupon type trip to an all-inclusive paradise destination. Leave kids with an amazing sitter who does crafts.
- Go on 3 real dates each month with Mr Wonderful wearing something other than workout pants. Use the same babysitter from #2.
- Get pretty feet by loofah action and lotion-then-socks strategies. Oh and apply fresh polish.
- Do something new and unexpected. Sky-dive or take a pole-dancing class or drive a Ferrari.
- Get mini-van (nicknamed “The Hangover”) cleaned by a pro so it looks brand new.
- Put love notes in kids’ lunch boxes. Bonus: go eat with those kids at school.
- Pursue a new or forgotten hobby. Photography, sewing, reading, blogging, etc.
- De-clutter. Beginner level: kitchen drawer, Intermediate level: garage or basement, Advanced level: child’s bedroom.
- Schedule one-on-one time with each child. Do whatever it takes to make it happen.
- Memorize one Bible verse per month. Learn more about Who eternity will be spent with.
- Exercise consistently, even when it’s not “bikini season.” Bonus: try lifting heavier weights.
- Create a monthly menu of quick, easy recipes plus ingredients needed. Bonus: do this with a friend so you two can cook in bulk half the recipes then SHARE with each other.
- Break a bad habit. Maybe it’s nightly ice cream, maybe it’s overusing “ummm” or “awesome” in every sentence.
- Involve offspring in serving. Make “Jesus Bags” for the needy people in our community by assembling bags of toiletries and non-perishable foods; pray for them and include children’s artwork.
- Find a better system for laundry. Get on Google or Pinterest to figure out how to make it less awful and more efficient.
- Wake and pray. Set alarm for 15 minutes earlier to enjoy early time with Jesus. Have coffee alarm set the night before. Sip, pray, sip, read, sip, praise.
- Buy new music from iTunes. Use for workouts, for carpooling, for drowning out the noise of tantrums, for calming walks, for cooking.
- Join the Momsanity Sisterhood. A community of cool moms who focus on Motherhood, Faith, Fitness and Nutrition. Be cool. Click HERE.
Print This Post