Peanut allergy is common, especially in children. Peanut allergy symptoms can range from a minor irritation (you may notice changes in your skin, acne, digestive issues, etc) to a life-threatening reaction (anaphylaxis).
For kids and moms who want a yummy peanut-butter alternative, check out this amazing recipe for DELICIOUS cashew/almond butter from blogger Shari Johnston.
- 3 cups total almonds and cashews, 24 hours soaked, and rinsed
- 4-5 TBS melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- Throw everything in to the vitamix with the nuts and half the coconut oil.
- Blend on level 3, tamping down until the blades are having trouble (45 seconds).
- Stop the blender, very gently use a rubber spatula to move your nut butter around. Add the remaining oil, return to purée.
- Purée until desired consistency(Mine took about 2 minutes)
- Empty butter into a bowl and add the salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well then spoon into a mason jar.