by Coach Debbie
I thought it’d be a fun idea to share my absolute favorite Christian books that have really impacted my walk with The Lord. I am going to be very honest with you:
- I do not read very often, especially now that I have kids. I just have such limited time. That’s the first thing I need to get off my back. In my life, I read the Bible and not much else.
- I do believe it’s important to read high quality Christian books whenever possible; and I personally believe that when faced with the choice to read a secular book or a Christian book, pick the Christian book. There are SO many amazing Christian best-selling books that are out there; I have not read even a fraction of them. I’d love to hear the ones that have changed your life!
- That said, I’ve read some Christian books that just did nothing for me. In my opinion, they were just a mediocre meh, so I’ve left them off the list.
- I’ve also regretfully read some “Christian” books that are actually so far from the Gospel that I almost wanted to make a list of books to never read (for example, The Purpose Driven Life or Heaven is for Real or Jesus Calling, which probably just upset half of you and I’m sorry).
My 14 FAVORITE CHRISTIAN BOOKS:
(click each title for more information)(scroll down to “print” list)
- THE BIBLE. The perfect love story that is the pure Word of the most Holy God.
- The Message version of the Bible by Eugene H Peterson
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst
- Radical by David Platt
- This Present Darkness / Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti
- By Beth Moore : A Woman’s Heart, Daniel, The Patriarchs
- The Search for Significance by Robert McGee
- Heaven by Randy Alcorn
- He Chose the Nails by Max Lucado
- The 5 love languages by Gary Chapman
- Bringing up boys by James Dobson
- Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Christ by Kyle Idleman
- The Left behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B Jenkins
What titles would you add? We love hearing from you!
Print This Post