by Coach Debbie
Think protein powder is just for big hulky bodybuilder guys who wear sleeveless tanks? Nope, it’s also a perfect meal idea for YOU, the smokin’ hot mom! Making protein smoothies is a great way to get full fast without the guilt or consequences of typical fast-food options. They taste great and help us get our sweet tooth fix! We like to drink them as a snack as well as a meal! You can blend fruits, fats, vegetables and protein all into 1 shake! They are easy with endless recipe options and your whole family can drink them!
There are about 1.5 billion brands of protein powders currently on the market (I’m exaggerating, but still),so how are you supposed to know which one to purchase? Let’s follow these 5 simple steps for choosing a smart protein powder so that we can optimize our health and have convenient meals ready in seconds!
5 STEPS TO PICKING THE PERFECT PROTEIN POWDER:
- No whey or casein. This rules out most protein powders. Let’s go with a protein powder that is free of all forms of dairy so we can avoid belly bloat , GI upset, inflammation, and weight gain.
- No soy. Too often a genetically-modified food, this has hormonal impact that hinders us from feeling our best.
- Plant-based. Consider going with a rice / hemp / pea protein. Egg protein is another option that’s more expensive and may clash with the common egg sensitivities you may have. Your Momsanity coaches prefer pea protein.
- No gluten. If it is not labeled gluten-free then it may contain this everyday “poison” that leads to an expanded waistline as well as “brain fog.” We want our protein powder to be as pure and wholesome as possible.
- No artificial sweeteners. Investigate the nutrition label before pulling out your credit card. Look for words like: sucralose, splenda, aspartame, maltitol, and saccharin. These dangerous chemicals lead to overeating, obesity and worse. If you see these ingredients, put the product back on the shelf. Your Momsanity coaches prefer pure, organic stevia as well as Swerve.
PROTEIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE:
Combine the following ingredients in a blender:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup fruit of choice
- 1 scoop vanilla NP Pro protein powder
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 handful spinach
Print This Post